In today’s hyper-competitive business landscape, consistently delivering exceptional customer experience (CX) isn’t just important — it’s essential. Consider these eye-opening statistics:
- One-third of customers say that they would consider switching companies after just one instance of bad customer service. (Source: American Express)
- 56% of customers say they have stopped doing business with a company because of a poor customer service experience. (Source: Microsoft)
- 40% of customers who receive poor customer service say they actively try and prevent others from choosing the offending business. (Source: Dimensional Research)
The Growth of Contact Centers
To ensure they deliver customer experience that is remembered for all the right reasons, a growing number of businesses — including startups and small firms — are utilizing contact centers. In theory, the goal is to ensure that customers get responsive, personalized pre and post-sales support. But in practice, the story is quite different.
Problems with On-Premise Contact Centers
On-premise contact centers (a.k.a. legacy contact centers) are creating rather than closing the gap between businesses and customers — and leading to churn and revenue loss. There are several reasons for this ongoing problem, including:
- On-premise contact centers are built on inflexible proprietary platforms, which makes them very costly and difficult to deploy.
- On-premise contact centers use customized hardware and software, which makes scaling virtually impossible. Changing the infrastructure to accommodate new staff or multiple locations can cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, and take months or years to implement.
- Most on-premise contact centers use outdated technology, which diminishes security, performance and reliability — especially during high volume/peak times.
Fortunately, there is a proven solution that enables businesses to reap the rewards of a contact center, instead of struggle with ongoing problems, obstacles, delays and costs: switch to Carolina Digital Phone’s advanced, feature-rich and future-proofed cloud-based contact center solution!
Key Benefits of Our Solution
Here are some of the key benefits and advantages of our cloud-based contact center solution:
- Substantial Ongoing Cost Savings: Our solution offers cost-effective usage-based licensing, and all maintenance and support is included. For many businesses, this means a savings of 20-50% per year vs. an on-premise solution.
- Flexible Scaling: Our solution seamlessly scales to accommodate new agents and locations, in order to support growth — not block it.
- Automatic Updating: Our solution is constantly updated with the latest innovations, upgrades and patches. Businesses are always on the leading edge vs. falling behind.
- Faster Onboarding: Our solution lets supervisors and managers access shared resources, which makes new agent on-boarding and training faster, easier, and more effective.
- Performance Management: Our solution enables supervisors and managers to monitor analytics in real-time, in order to improve agent/team performance, as well as establish best practices and ensure compliance.
- Boost Customer Satisfaction: Our solution helps agents answer calls quickly and effectively, which means callers are impressed instead of frustrated.
- Digital Backbone: Our solution provides the core digital backbone upon which our customers layer all of their Unified Calling (UC) services, tools and features, including AI and chatbots.
In light of the above benefits and advantages, it’s not surprising that the number of seats in cloud-based contact center infrastructures are projected to grow 23% in both 2019 and 2020 (source: DMG Consulting), and that the cloud-based contact center market is forecasted to reach a value of $24.11 billion by 2023 (Source: MarketWatch).
To learn more about how easy and rewarding it is to switch to our advanced, feature-rich and future-proofed cloud-based contact center solution, call the Carolina Digital Phone team today at (336) 544-4000. We can provide you with a live guided demo in-person at your location, or over the web.